Thursday, April 14, 2011

Workout Update

It has been quite awhile since I updated you all on my progress and thought it was due time.  Since getting sick mid-January, my motivation has been weak to say the least.  I tried to do a third round of Insanity again, but got tired of it.  Then I decided to do the hybrid version of P90X and Insanity, but hurt my back on some of the P90X floor exercises.  From that, I played around with the Biggest Loser workouts and now am back to good 'ol Billy Blanks and Tae Bo.  Yep, I admit, I get bored quickly with workouts and need something to keep me going.  I am in that phase again where I am trying to find the next fun workout to keep me going.

With all of the jumble of workouts, I did actually loose weight and inches since January.  It hasn't been much, but I am impressed with the inches lost than I am the pounds.  Since January, I have lost another 7 lbs and 6.75 inches!  So overall since last year, I have lost a total of 23.4 lbs and 22.25 inches!  Plus, I have gone down 2 sizes in pants and am finally fitting back into my medium sized t-shirts which means I can stop wearing my husbands large size t-shirts!  It is the little things that I take into account and call it a victory.  Yes, I know I still have a long way to go with 30 pounds yet to loose, but every small step counts in my book.  I am too chicken to post before and after pictures just yet as I am not where I want to be.  So hopefully this time next year I will have one of those cool YouTube videos everyone makes with before and after pics to get my pre-baby body back!

Ok, onto the raw diet before dinner.  I have to admit, I have fallen off of that horse two weeks ago.  Yes, I did get more energy from eating fruits and veggies, but certainly missed a hot lunch.  The weather has been quite chilly here, but am hoping once it gets warmer out I will be back in the smoothie swing of things like I usually am in the summer months.  But, I did get a chance to make some amazing raw recipes and will be incorporating them in more and more into our vegan lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome...CONGRATULATIONS on your weight lose and loosing all those inches! I think you are doing great!
    I get bored with workouts easily also. My problem now is just getting motivated to work out.
    Don't feel bad about falling off the raw diet horse until supper time. I have also, and I don't have near the energy that I had while eating mostly raw. I plan on starting back tomorrow though. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. So glad to hear that I am not along in the falling off the raw wagon for a bit. I know the summer months will be much easier as I always crave the fresh fruits so much more. Congrats on starting back up on it!

    ReplyDelete