Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Breakfast Smoothie

After working out each morning, my main go-to breakfast is a high protein smoothie.  It is super simple and gives me the energy I need to make it to lunch.

A's Insanity Vegan Smoothie
2 heaping Tablespoons Rice Protein
1 teaspoon Spirulina
1 clementine/orange
1 cup blueberries
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon agave nectar or honey

Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, then enjoy.  This filling smoothie that has an average of 266 calories which gives me boost I need after my intense workout each morning.

I know someday I would love to try the Vega protein powder mix, but it is a little to expensive for our budget at the moment, so I stick with a cheaper brand that gives me the same benefit.  So, there you have it, my morning breakfast recipe.  Try it and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to add protein into my morning smoothies but haven't been able to decide whether I want to try hemp or rice protein powder. How do you like the rice protein powder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    I currently use Nutribiotic Vegan Vanilla Rice Protein. From the reviews I found on Amazon.com, it seemed to be the best cheap option. Plus, they had it at our local Whole Foods for about $30 for the big 3 lbs. I haven't tried any hemp powder yet, but hope to soon. If you try it, you will have to let me know how it is.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete