Friday, December 24, 2010

Exercise


You might be wondering what I have been doing to get back into shape. A year ago, I started participating in a kickboxing class. It started with just one class a week and then after a month, went two times a week. Obviously that wasn't enough and I began trying new workout videos from our local library and Tae Bo to fill in the other 3 days a week. I love Billy Blanks Tae Bo, but felt I needed more.


As I love a challenge, these workouts weren't giving me what I needed. So, in May 2010, I saw the infomercial a number of times for Beachbody's P90X. My husband and I started round 1 of P90X in May and made it through the first 90 days and I continued into the summer for another 1/2 round. I didn't get those show stopping results as others did, but I did start to see definition. But, my weight was not moving.


Once school started up and a lot of research I became vegan. With becoming vegan, I knew I wanted to prove I could do something so crazy to get back into shape that I bought Beachbody's Insanity program. I can't say enough about Insanity and have only 1 week left of the 60 days. Then I will start it all over again with mixing in some P90X to get back some definition.

The past 60 days have been challenging none the less, but cardiovascularly, I am in the best shape ever. I know inches are falling off me, but the weight has stayed the same. But, I am not giving up, I can't. Besides doing Insanity 6 days a week, I also continue to do the high intensity kickboxing class on Tuesdays and Thursday nights. I just want to prove you can get in shape by being driven by plants and feel healthy and strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment