Monday, September 26, 2011

1 Year Vegan Anniversary

Happy 1 year vegan anniversary to me!  So many things have happened in the past year that it has been truly amazing.  If you would have asked me just two years ago if I would ever consider being vegan, I would have thought you fell off your rocker.  Why would anyone want to give up meat let alone dairy, especially since I live in the dairy capital of the United States.

I am beyond proud that I took the steps I did and have succeeded on becoming vegan.  Of course people think I am nuts at first when they find out I am vegan, but it always leads to curious questions about veganism.  Seasoned vegans already know you get the usual, "how can you live without cheese or pizza?"  But we vegans already know there are tons of alternatives out there and we just don't eat cardboard and drink water.

So raise your glass of your preferred beverage and say cheers to many more vegan years to come! 

4 comments:

  1. YAY...Congratulations!!! I'm cheering you with my cup of hot tea. :0) I've been a vegan for a year and a half and I never would have thought that would have been an option for me either.
    How are you liking the Engine 2 Diet book? I can't believe you got it that cheap. Our local Booksamillon doesn't even carry it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jes and Michelle! It helps to have great blogs like you both have for encouragement and ideas!

    Michelle, have you tried the library for the book yet? I really like it, but haven't made anything out of it yet, hope to this weekend. Sure hope you are able to find a copy to use!

    ReplyDelete