Saturday, May 14, 2011

Time to Change Your Sweetener?

Found this poster flow-chart on sweeteners and had to share with all of you.  Love the fact that the organization behind this poster's advice is to: "Eat less of the sweet stuff, but when you do, go natural and choose minimally processed sweeteners without all the chemicals and potential side effects." This is something I am striving towards each day.

It amazes me how much my taste buds have changed since becoming vegan and eating more natural. I realize I need less of added sweeteners and enjoy my food so much more. It is sad that others are missing out on this great experience with their food!

What is your favorite sweetener?  Mine is either pure maple syrup or agave.


How to Choose a Sweetener
[Source: Be Food Smart]

3 comments:

  1. I agree with everything that you just said 100%. My favorite sweeteners are pure maple syrup and agave also! Hope you've had a great weekend. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a thorough flow chart! Agave syrup ranks below maple syrup, but I do like brown sugar. Yipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting our flowchart and linking to our website, BeFoodSmart.com! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete